Volunteering benefits everyone – the volunteers, their employers, and the community.
Individuals who volunteer in their community are 30 percent happier and satisfied with their lives, and companies and businesses that incorporate volunteerism in the work place consistently report higher levels of employee satisfaction, morale and team effectiveness.
The Tulsa Area United Way’s volunteers are the cornerstone of its operations, with community members executing crucial processes and assisting the community throughout the year.
HOW CAN YOU VOLUNTEER?
- Women United – Women donors who create positive change in the community through focused investments of time, talent and financial resources.
- Emerging Leaders Society – The Tulsa area’s next generation of leaders and philanthropist who engage in networking and professional development as well as volunteer and philanthropy opportunities.
- Retire United – Retirees and pre-retirees who remain engaged as valuable community resources through volunteering, social and educational programing and mentoring.
- 59 Partner Agencies – the Tulsa Area United Way (TAUW) funds 59 partner agencies in the areas of education, health/safety, and financial stability. Agencies offer volunteer opportunities or service on boards and committees.
- Sign Up: Dec. – Jan. | Service: Feb. – May
Community Investments Panels – Volunteer panels carefully study TAUW’s 59 partner agencies and make suggestions for allocations to ensure optimal impact in our community.
- Sign Up: Summer | Service: Aug. 28
Day of Caring – TAUW offers one of the nation’s largest days of community service. This year, TAUW is hosting three Days of Caring to meet the community’s most pressing needs and prioritize volunteer safety.
- Sign Up: Summer | Service: Aug. – Nov.
Campaign Fellowship Program – These volunteers work full-time on the annual TAUW campaign. These executives are either loaned by their employers or paid through generous sponsorships.
- Volunteer Experience – TAUW offers a quarterly volunteer experience to Women United, Emerging Leaders Society and Retire United members at partner agencies.
- Monthly Agency Tours – Learn more about the TAUW partner agencies and how to volunteer by attending a tour or available webinar each month.
Not sure of the best volunteer fit for you?
Complete our Volunteer Interest Form and we’ll find the best opportunity for you.